Call for E-Posters – INESC Winter Meeting
INESC Brussels HUB invites researchers to submit proposals for posters to be displayed at the INESC Winter Meeting on January 25th 2024, in Porto (Alfândega do Porto).
The INESC Winter Meeting is about thinking our future together in Europe and aims to create a platform for individuals from all five INESC institutes to come together, forge new connections and network with one another. We invite the submission of posters illustrating the most important and representative research projects of each institution (with a focus on EU funded projects), around a set of pre-defined thematic areas merging the interests and R&I work done in each of the 5 INESC institutes.
By showcasing your poster at the INESC Winter Meeting, it will be a focal point for fostering collaborative discussions and potential collaborations. Don’t miss out on the opportunity to engage with researchers from all 5 INESCs and gain a deeper understanding of their research landscape. The submitted posters will also be used for an online catalogue the HUB is preparing, providing a concrete idea of the institute’s track record and capacity in its research and innovation domains.
The posters will be organised by the following thematic areas:
- Power and Energy Systems
- Advanced Computing
- Artificial Intelligence and Data Science
- Advanced Communications Systems and Technology
- Electronic systems, Microelectronics and Optoelectronics
- Bioengineering and Health Technologies
- Systems Engineering and Management
Call for E-Poster Proposals: November 15th – December 10th, 2023
Selection of E-Poster Proposals: December 11th – December 20th, 2023
Notification to Proposers: December 21st – December 22nd, 2023
Deadline for submission of E-Posters’ final versions (ppt and pdf files): January 10th, 2024
Exhibition at the Winter Meeting: January 25th, 2024
How to participate
A maximum one-page abstract in a Word file (reference font size: Times New Roman; minimum font size: 11 points) should be sent to email@example.com with the subject “Poster proposal – INESC Winter Meeting” and must necessarily include the following information in English:
- Main author’s name, affiliation and a short bio;
- Main author’s preferred mode of contact (to be publicly available);
- Title of the e-poster;
- Thematic area (pick one of the 7 Thematic Areas – Power and Energy Systems; Advanced Computing; Artificial Intelligence and Data Science; Advanced Communications Systems and Technology; Electronic systems, Microelectronics and Optoelectronics; Bioengineering and Health Technologies; Systems Engineering and Management). Proposals not related to the Thematic Areas will not be considered.
- Summary of the research work to be addressed in the e-poster (only plain text with no images or graphics). The summary should be concise and give an overview of the main goals/focus of the research work and alignment with the Thematic Area. They must include at least: background information; expected outcomes and results or outcomes and results to date; relevance to the state-of-art and/or societal relevance: measures to maximise the impact of research results.
- Other authors and their respective affiliations (if applicable).
Please note that at the proposal submission stage, applicants must not yet send any version of their posters.
Notification of participating authors
INESC Brussels HUB will review proposals after December 10th, and authors will be notified about the outcome by e-mail until December 22nd, 2023.
Selected authors must use the Event’s template for e-posters, which will be shared after the selection process results are announced.
E-posters must not exceed one page in portrait format. Authors should never forget that the purpose of the poster is not to simply stick every information used to create the poster summary but to give an overview of the research work using a balanced and effective combination of text, imagery and figures to capture viewers’ attention.
All posters must be in English.
Selected authors must send by e-mail no later than January 10th, 2024 the final version of their digital posters (PPT and PDF files) for validation to firstname.lastname@example.org. Note that files altogether should be smaller than 10MB in size.
The e-mail subject must be “Poster – INESC Winter Meeting – Proposal ID”, i.e., the ID provided by the Event organisers to the author(s) upon reception of the proposal. Should the versions sent need to be fine-tuned, the Program will contact the respective authors to ensure that the posters on display meet the Event’s E-Poster Exhibition standards.
VERY IMPORTANT: E-Posters that do not comply with all the requirements (including the visual rules on the e-poster template) will not be accepted for display at the Event.