INESC TEC is looking for a researcher to work within the Networked Intelligent Systems / Telecommunications and Multimedia cluster.
The specific activities to be developed by the grantee are:
- survey the state of the art in wireless networks, including their simulation using real data assimilation approaches and digital twins;
- collaborate in the writing of technical reports on communications protocols, algorithms, and mechanisms developed;
- develop new modules enabling the simulation of wireless networks;
- write publications in co-authorship within the scope of the work developed;
- write the final activity report of the grant.
Minimum requirements for this position are MSc in Electrical Engineering or similar, solid knowledge in TCP/IP stack and Linux; programming skills in C++/Python; previous experience in research and development in the networking domain.
Preference will be given to candidates who have knowledge in IEEE 802.11 and IoT technologies; – knowledge in discrete event-driven simulation.
Scientific advisor: Rui Lopes Campos
Application period: 18 May 2021 – 1 June 2021.