INESC TEC is looking for a PhD holder to work within the Networked Intelligent Systems / Robotics and Autonomous Systems.
The tasks to be carried out involve:
- support to project management;
- management and realization of R&D projects and knowledge valuation;
- management of teams and guidance of junior researchers, scientific production oriented to magazines and international conferences;
- intervention in the scientific and professional communities;
- coordination and participation in scientific and technological dissemination initiatives, particularly in the areas of robotics, autonomous systems or computer vision.
The minimum requirements for the profile are a PhD in Electrical and Computer Engineering, Mechanical Engineering or related scientific area, and a scientific and professional curriculum that reveals a profile appropriate to the activity to be developed. The potential candidate should have a minimum experience of 2 years of participation in research or development projects, and at least 2 articles published in the last 5 years in Q1 magazine.
Preference will be given to candidates who have previous participation, including possibly positions of responsibility, in research projects in Robotics, Artificial Intelligence or related areas. Other factors of preference are: experience in coordinating or participating in international projects (e.g., Horizon 2020); experience in coordinating or participating in consulting projects; experience in the preparation of proposals for scientific projects; experience in the design of mechatronic systems; experience in development of subsea acoustic systems.; programming experience in C/C++ or Python.
Scientific advisor: Aníbal Matos.
Application period: 5 May 2021 – 18 May 2021.