European reference organization in strategic areas
INESC Brussels HUB focuses on a long-term vision for INESC in Europe and the world. We will prepare and position the organisation for 2030 and beyond. As an institution declared as of “public interest”, we will continue to act as crucial partners to both universities and industry, continuously support science-based policy-making, as well as increasinlgly contribute to shape the future R&I agendas.
The aim of the INESC representation in Brussels is
The HUB’s activity is based on three main pillars and two transversal levels of action
Strategic positioning activities
– Advocacy of INESC S&T and Innovation interests at the EU and international level;
– Representation in working and expert groups;
– Laison activities with European partners (e.g. EARTO, Science Business, etc.);
– Preparation of high-level meeting of INESC Brussels S&T Hub members with EU commissioners, Director-Generals and membes of the European Parliament;
– Monitoring and analysis of European and national policies in key areas of interest and development of INESC positions when relevant.
– Bridge contacts with European Commission, European Parliament and other European and international entities;
– Adequate hosting and preparation of lobbying meetings in Brussels, providing clear and strategic contents;
– Hosting of research project and other meetings in our facilities in Brussels;
– Training, secondments and capacity building activities;
– Working groups to tackle and deepen knowledge of specific thematic areas, prepare strategic positioning of the organisation, benchmark with international reference entities and personalities, among others.