INESC TEC is looking for a Master holder to work within the Power and Energy / Power and Energy Systems cluster.
The tasks to be carried out are:
- Characterization of energy and non-energy services and use cases in the operation of domestic and tertiary buildings in view of the integration of electric vehicles and other flexible systems;
- Design and implementation of optimization algorithms for the use of flexible resources;
- Selection and implementation of digital technologies (e.g. blockchain) to support distributed architectures for aggregated flexibility management and control;
- Implementation of a new and original digital, modular, and distributed solution for the management and control of different existing systems in buildings;
- Writing technical (e.g. progress reports) and scientific (e.g. conference and journal papers) documentation
The candidate is required to have a Bachelor and Master degree in Electrical engineering, informatics, computer science or similar.
The minimum requirements for the profile are bachelor’s and master’s average higher than 13; experience in modeling and optimization of power systems; programming skills in at least one language (C/C++, Python, Java).
Preference will be given to candidates that have experience in server/cloud and embedded systems, knowledge in the use of DLT/Blockchain methodologies, and publications in conference or peer-reviewed journal.
Scientific advisor: David Emanuel Rua.
Application period: 25 May 2021 – 8 June 2021.