INESC TEC is looking for a Master holder to work within the Power and Energy / Power and Energy Systems cluster.
The tasks to be carried out are:
- Evaluation of open access data sources (e.g., Copernicus) for cross-sector business models in smart cities
- Development and implementation of mathematical models for data monetization for energy and non-energy services
- Design and development of digital (data-based) services for smart cities, considering different sectors (energy production, mobility, comfort, etc.)
- Design and development of energy policies and actions/models in buildings, aiming at consumer self-sufficiency in energy systems
- writing technical (e.g. progress reports) and scientific (e.g. conference and journal articles) documentation.
The candidate is required to have a Bachelor and Master degree in Electrical engineering, informatics, computer science or similar.
The minimum requirements for the profile are bachelor’s and master’s average of bachelor’s and master’s degree above 13; knowledge of data analysis; basic knowledge of machine learning methods.
Preference will be given to candidates that have experience in experience in applying deep learning methods; – experience in previous projects on energy efficiency in buildings – programming skills in at least one language (R, Python, etc.)
Scientific advisor: David Emanuel Rua.
Application period: 25 May 2021 – 8 June 2021.