INESC TEC is looking for a researcher to work within the Networked Intelligent Systems / Telecommunications and Multimedia cluster.
The job activities are:
- Experimentally characterize a set of existing TRL calibration kits, and develop a calibration procedure suitable for the targeted characterization of antennas.
- Characterize experimentally patch antenna arrays of 1×4 and 4×4 elements, both in terms of input impedance as well as in terms of radiation pattern.
- Refine existing HFSS simulation models, taking advantage of the obtained experimental results, and compare experimental results with simulated ones.
- Design a new version of the patch antenna element, as well as the patch antenna array, while taking into account the previously obtained experimental results.
- Characterize experimentally the new version of the developed antennas and compare experimental results with simulated ones.
- Prepare the submission of a journal paper.
- Write the grant activities report.
The candidate is required to have a MSc in Electrical Engineering, or similar. The awarding of the grant is dependent on the applicants’ enrolment in study cycle or non-award courses of Higher Education Institutions.
The minimum requirements for the profile are experience with 3D electromagnetic simulation as well as in experimental characterization of antennas/microwave devices.
Preference will be given to candidates with experience with 3D electromagnetic simulation of planar patch antenna arrays above 65 GHz as well as in experimental characterization of antennas/microwave devices above 65 GHz.
Scientific advisor: Luís Manuel Pessoa.
Application period: 20 April 2021 – 4 May 2021.