Knowledge valorisation: the role of research and technology infrastructures
In partnership with the EU Project RITIFI. #HorizonEurope
This event will take place in the Portuguese
Permanent Representation, Avenue de Cortenbergh 12, 1040 Brussels.
We highly encourage you to join in person to get the most out of the event. However, if you can’t come, you can participate remotely (and send your questions in the chat), except for the group discussions from 3:45 pm until 5:15 pm.
- Portuguese Permanent Representation
- Inês Lynce, INESC Brussels HUB Management Committee Chair and President at INESC ID
- Gaelle Decroix, RITIFI project coordinator
Moderation: Ricardo Migueis, Head of Office at INESC Brussels HUB
10h15-12h30 Establishing the tools for knowledge valorisation
10h15 Part A: The policy context (speakers + 30 min round table)
Fostering knowledge valorisation and strategic autonomy
- Doris Schroeker, Head of Unit, Industrial Research, Innovation and Investment Agendas
- René Martins, Research Infrastructures and Open Science, DG Research & Innovation
European Technology Infrastructures and their role in knowledge valorisation
- Christine Balch, Director European Affairs at TNO (TBC)
The European Research infrastructures and their role in knowledge valorisation
Jana Kolar, Chairperson at ESFRI
Moderation: Simon Pickard, Network Director at Science Business
11h30 Part B: The role of RIs and TIs in supporting industry
European Technology Infrastructures in the EU R&I landscape
- Sophie Viscido, Principal Consultant at Technopolis Group
ESFRI Landscape Analysis
- Gelsomina Papallardo, Board Member & Landscape Analysis Group Coordinator at ESFRI
Roadmap for aviation research infrastructures in Europe – the RINGO Project
- Francesco Ferrigno, Business Development & Strategic Planning at CIRA – theItalian Aerospace Research Centre
Moderation: Bertrand Fillon, Senior Program Manager at CEA
12h30 Lunch Break
14h Inspirational cases for knowledge valorisation
Test infrastructures supporting the transition to the hydrogen society
- Nikolaj Zangenberg, Innovation Manager at Danish Technological Institute
Co-designing with industry for new high impact services in micro-electronics, pharma, batteries
- Edward Mitchell, Head of Business Development at ESRF
EATRIS Public private Innovation Hub
- Anton Ussi, Operations & Finance Director at EATRIS
The Advanced Materials initiative 2030
- Philippe Jacques, Managing Director at EMIRI – the Energy Materials Industrial Research Initiative
The example of accelerator based RIs and TIs, xx, CEA/CERN
15h30 Coffee break
15h45 Unlocking value creation for strategic autonomy: discussion groups
5 thematic discussion groups focused on exploring the role of infrastructures in supporting value creation, from a research starting point, in a close relation with EU policy priorities.
Parallel discussion Groups
- Microelectronics – Rapporteur: Jorge Fernandes, INESC ID
- Materials – Rapporteur: TBD
- Energy – Rapporteur: TBD
- Biotechnology – Rapporteur: Nicolas Villacorta, Helmholtz
- Manufacturing – Rapporteur: TBD
A set of key questions will be shared with the groups to guide discussion and provide comparative reporting material, resulting from the discussions in different thematic groups. All groups will receive the same set of questions.
Thematic discussion groups are open to registration and have a rapporteur each.
- What are the most important challenges facing Europe within this theme?
- What are the main barriers preventing the challenges in being solved?
- How can RIs and TIs help lower the barriers and solve the challenges?
- How would you most efficiently spend 10 M-EUR to support innovation in this field?
All questions should be answered having in mind the general RI and TI challenges and the specific challenges to the thematic group where you are participating.
17h15 Conclusions and the way forward – round table
Rapporteurs of the different thematic discussion groups present the outcomes of the discussion.
Moderation: José Carlos Caldeira, INESC Brussels HUB Vice-Chair and Member of the Board at INESC TEC
18h Close of meeting